Saturday, August 9, 2014

Lapghan started


I have started the lapghan for SIBOL and using a simple pattern it is a baby blanket pattern


Garter Rib Baby Blanket


I modified it by knitting 5 rows then following the pattern for six rows then adding 2 knit rows
So it is

Knit 5 rows

Row 1 Knit across row
Row 2 K3 P3 across row

*Then Knit two rows

Repeat Rows 1 and 2 until you have 6 rows
(The six rows of the pattern makes nice blocks of colour)

Repeat from *

I am changing colour on the Knit 2 rows

I want a nice colourful Lapghan and the Knit 2 rows gives a nice garter ridge between colour changes. It is also a great way to use up that stash.
The six rows of the pattern makes nice blocks of colour that look like this so far
It's a bit bunched up on the needle but I think you will get the idea of what it will look like. I have tried using cable needles and knitting back and forth but always get in a mess. My biggest problem is the cable never straightens enough it always kinks or twists and I have tried all sorts of ways to get the cable reasonably straight. I have bought 40cm long straight needles for bigger projects even if it does get a bit heavy it stops the problem I get with the cable needles.

My little frogs were posted off to Siblings Together yesterday 8th August so I hope they will like them.

I am now looking for a shawl pattern that would be suitable for SIBOL I want something easy but will sit on the shoulders without falling off all the time and maybe something unisex. I will have to see what I can find.

2 comments:

  1. That blanket is going to be perfect for SIBOL. I know what you mean about looking for a shawl pattern that will stay on the shoulders. I think a knitted capelet is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great !
    Greetings from Poland :)
    Katarzyna


    www.sajuki.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete