Monday, June 6, 2016

PATCHWORK CAT BLANKET

I wanted to use up some of the stash that I have and decided to create balls of yarn in the same colour range. So now I have balls of yarn that are useable from odds and ends.

I made a series of 3.5 inch squares using 6.5mm needles and held two strands of DK yarn together. I cast on 13 stitches and knitted 18 rows and then bound off.

I alternated the squares so one was straight and the other on its side to create interest and to add to the patchwork effect. I finished it off by adding a simple crochet border.
This will be given to the Cat Protection Charity.

3 comments:

  1. A lucky cat will soon own this. I like the way you turned the alternate squares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute blanket! I love how colorful it is. We recently adopted a kitty, and I look forward to crocheting for her, too!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ The Submarine Sunday Link Party

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely Paula so pretty with all the different coloured squares. :) x

    ReplyDelete